Basic Policy on Protection of Personal Information
LIXIL Group, India (which includes LIXIL Window Systems Private Limited) believes that the appropriate handling and protection of personal information is our social responsibility. LIXIL Group will strive to appropriately handle and protect the personal information (including personal information provided by you, users of ‘www.tostemindia.com’ web portal) that it acquires in accordance with this basic policy on the protection of personal information (this “Basic Policy”).
Definition of Personal Information/ Data
“Personal Data” means data about or relating to a natural person who is directly or indirectly identifiable, having regard to any characteristic, trait, attribute or any other feature of the identity of such natural person, or any combination of such features, or any combination of such features with any other information.
Acquisition and Purpose of Use of Personal Information/ Data
(1) LIXIL Group will acquire your Personal Information legitimately and appropriately, and will use the same within the scope necessary to achieve the following purposes:
- (a) For the purpose of providing to you
- (i) goods such as residential building materials, commercial building materials, exterior products, and residential equipment of LIXIL Group (“LIXIL Group’s Products”), and
- (ii) LIXIL Group’s services;
- (b) For the purpose of providing materials or catalogs relating to LIXIL Group’s Products and LIXIL Group’s services that you have requested;
- (c) For the purpose of providing plans on LIXIL Group Products and LIXIL Group’s services to you;
- (d) For the purpose of providing to you information, including mail magazines, on LIXIL Group’s Products and LIXIL Group’s services, by means such as direct or electronic mail;
- (e) For the purpose of delivering campaign gifts or other forms of gifts to you;
- (f) For the purpose of introducing LIXIL Group’s partners, with your approval;
- (g) For the purpose of investigating your usage and satisfaction of LIXIL Group’s Products and LIXIL Group’s services;
- (h) For the purpose of answering your comments or requests concerning LIXIL Group, LIXIL Group’s Products or LIXIL Group’s services;
- (i) For the purpose of providing or undertaking after-sales services or maintenance of LIXIL Group’s Products; or
- (j) For the purpose of providing your Personal Information or Personal Data to third parties in order to achieve any of the purposes mentioned under (a) through (i) above.
(2) In the event that your Personal Information is required to be used for a purpose other than the purposes set forth in the preceding paragraph, with the exception of the following cases, your Personal Information may be used on obtaining your prior consent by informing you of the purposes of use of your Personal Information:
- (a) Where it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person, and it is difficult to obtain your consent; or
- (b) Where it is specially necessary for the improvement of public hygiene or fostering healthy children, and it is difficult to obtain your consent; or
- (c) Where it is necessary to cooperate with a government organization, local authority or a person authorized by such body so that legally prescribed tasks can be executed, and where there is concern that obtaining your consent may hinder execution of the particular task; or
- (d) Where required by laws and regulations.
LIXIL Group may use your Personal Data jointly within the scope provided below to achieve any of the purposes listed in Section 2.(1) above.
(1) Items of Personal Data that may be used jointly: All your Personal Data, excluding data that you have specifically requested not to be used jointly.
(2) Scope of the entities that will use information jointly: LIXIL Group, India, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies.
(3) The purpose of use for joint users: Same as provided in Section 2.(1) above.
Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
(1) In the following cases, LIXIL Group may provide Personal Data to third parties, including authorized service providers/ vendors:
- (a) where your prior consent is given;
- (b) where you cannot be individually identified;
- (c) where Personal Data is provided to subcontractors (including sub-subcontractors) following an entrustment of the handling of Personal Data in whole or in part within the scope necessary to achieve any of the purposes listed in Section 2.(1) above;
- (d) where Personal Data is provided following a business transfer due to a merger or other reason;
- (e) where there is joint use as provided in Section 3. above; or
- (f) where any of the cases provided in Section 2.(2) (a) to (d) exist.
- (g) as may be required as per the contractual arrangement with you.
Management of Your Personal Information
(1) In addition to training and educating all LIXIL Group’s officers and employees, LIXIL Group will strive to appropriately manage your Personal Information, and will appoint responsible persons in each of our departments to handle your Personal Information.
(2) LIXIL Group will strive to maintain the security of our portal by preventing unauthorized access to, or leakage or loss of, or damage, etc., to your Personal Information.
(3) LIXIL Group will conclude subcontracts with our subcontractors that include non-disclosure provisions. LIXIL Group will make efforts to have our subcontractors appropriately handle and secure your Personal Information, and will prevent the leakage, re-provision or disclosure to third parties, or use of Personal Information beyond the scope of purposes listed in Section 2. (1) above.
Disclosure, Correction, Addition, Deletion, Cessation of Use, Removal or Cessation of Provision of Your Personal Data to Third Parties
(1) Where you would like to disclose, correct, add to, delete, have LIXIL Group cease the use of, remove or have LIXIL Group cease the provision of Personal Data, write to us directly at below given address. Excluding special procedures stipulated under laws or regulations from the perspective of preventing the leakage of Personal Information and maintaining the accuracy and security thereof, LIXIL Group will conduct any necessary investigation without delay. Only where it is confirmed that the request relates to your Personal Data will LIXIL Group disclose, correct, add to, delete, cease use of, removal or cease provision of Personal Data to third parties in accordance with laws and regulations. LIXIL Group will not comply with any request that does not satisfy the requirements for making a request as provided below or any request that is deemed unreasonable based on our investigation.
(2) LIXIL Group will contact you without delay concerning compliance or non-compliance with your request for any of the matters mentioned in the preceding paragraph. In the event of non-compliance, LIXIL Group will strive to provide you with an explanation of the reasons therefore.
(1) On using LIXIL Group’s web portal, and registering your ID and password, please manage the same extremely carefully. LIXIL Group bears no responsibility for any damage that you may incur arising from any unauthorized use thereof. If you have registered falsified facts or information of another person, we may suspend use of your ID and password.
(2) LIXIL Group is not responsible for the protection, management or other handling of Personal Information and any other information on any third-party websites that have been linked to LIXIL Group’s website.
Notification of Changes to this Basic Policy
Where required, this Basic Policy may be amended. Since LIXIL Group cannot contact you on every occasion, please refer to LIXIL Group’s web portal for the latest version of this Basic Policy.
Contact LIXIL Group with any inquiry regarding this Basic Policy as follows:LIXIL Group, India
Plot No. 75, Sector-8, IMT Manesar
Gurugram-122050, Haryana, India